Thursday, October 11, 2007

Plea and Promise

I'm a person forced to belong in a world I do not understand.
I respond to that world with behaviors, which you do not understand.
Here is my plea.

Approach me gently and quietly.
Present your world with compassion and kindness.
Be patient with my rejection, respect my world.
And at least initially, allow me to find solace in that world.

Never give up on me.
Never give into my autism.
But believe in me as a fellow human being.
Take time for me, be kind to me, entrust your compassion to me.
And we both shall gain.
You too, will find your world more joyous.
For together we will be challenged to confront life.

With strength of character and determination of spirit,
You will find new meaning to your world as I challenge you.
To teach me, it is worth entering.
Your mission will not be an easy one.
The rewards along the way will be small and few.
But together we shall walk hand in hand.
Facing your world with delight.

Your life will be enriched because you have touched mine.
I promise you.

-Unknown

No comments: