Monday, December 3, 2007

The Revealing Phone Call (Part 2)

It all made sense now. Every last bit. But how could I have not seen it before??

I think I did, though... on some weird level. Sally never sat right with me, but domestic violence? Images flooded my mind, of Ben watching fights.

Knives…yelling…throwing…threatening...

I was scared.

I cleared my throat and found my words.

“I am so glad Ben is safe now.” (Was that all I could manage to spit out??)

“He is, although you are not allowed to answer any of Sally’s calls. She will try and get hold of you, as she has done with us.”

“I won’t,” I replied.

“This is serious, Mindy. No one is to hear of Ben’s progress but Lisa and her husband.”

“Okay.” I managed to choke out.

And with that, I hung up the phone.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like an emotionally difficult conversation. Glad he is back on form and glad that you are able to work with him again - such an important job and so good for him that you were able to transcend placements and be there for him again - showing a constantness (if there is such a word) through some of the difficulties he's been going through. Good for you

Scraps said...

Thanks for finally updating the story!

I'm so glad for him that they got him out of there. How did they find out what the real situation was?

J.A.P. said...

Was waiting for the next installment! Waiting to hear more... and from you too! ;)

the dreamer said...

ouch.

halfshared said...

Now that you were back in touch with Ben, you probably were glad not to be allowed to speak to Sally again. What a creepy individual!

psyched said...

behind a smile - it was almost bittersweet. Glad to finally put the pieces of the puzzle together, but it hurt to think of what actually had happened to poor Ben. It was extremely comforting to see the changes in him though....and I will be posting about that shortly.

Scraps - np...get on my case more often ;) How did they find out? Next post, dear :)

j.a.p. - check yer email ;)

dreamer - very well put.

halfshared - that's a good way to put it! She did call me for a while after that and I had to ignore the calls.