Sunday, July 22, 2007

Last visit to Sally's house

Sally and I kept in touch for the next while on and off. I told her that she should call me as soon as she had any updates. After some time though, I started noticing some weird signs. I asked her if I could come by the house because I had realized she hadn't signed my paper last time I was over. Billing time was approaching, and I had to send my paperwork into my agency in order to bill the state for services. I also wanted to get it over with as soon as possible because going into the house hurt me; it made me wonder where Ben was all over again.

Sally opened the door for me, and I couldn't fully read her expression. She didn't seem to be suffering from depression, but it was clear she was upset Ben was gone.

It was so strange to be in the house. It was completely quiet. Her older children were at school, Sophia was taking a nap, and the atmosphere felt so empty without Ben and Emily around. (I always wondered why Sophia was not enrolled at school. What five year old doesn't attend some sort of preschool or kindergarten??)

I sat down at the kitchen table with Sally. It was slightly awkward but I took out my papers and had her sign them right away. Then we began yet another conversation that left me dumbfounded. Sally claimed she still didn't know why Ben had been taken, and according to her, the lawyer was simply taking a long time to get back to her. I thought that was very interesting considering Ben had been gone for just shy of a month now.

"Jessica told me not to give up," she told me. "She said she had a scare too, with her son."

I stopped writing, and looked up at her. Now this was some interesting news!

"Jessica's son was taken by social services?" I asked.

"Oh yeah," she replied. "She fought for him back. They're horrible people, social services. One violent scare and they take drastic measures. I mean, come on. There are so many other people really being abused, they don't do anything to them."

My eyes bugged out of my sockets. Aha! We were finally getting somewhere.

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

what happened? no posts in almost a week now....

psyched said...

Hi! I'm sorry I haven't been posting. Some major difficult life events took place recently that have prevented me from managing this blog.

Please keep checking back regularly; I will be posting more soon.

Thanks for your patience, and for reading!

halfshared said...

I hope everything is okay. May you have much strength in this difficult time.
Can't wait to hear from you soon

psyched said...

halfshared, thank you for your kind words. Hope we can get in touch soon.

~ Psyched

Anonymous said...

I really do hope e/t ok... even i fyou can't post now please just let us know that ur ok...

psyched said...

hey anon,

sorry for the delay. I'm okay, just have a lot of obstacles in my life right now that I need to overcome.

Thank you for your concern, but don't worry - I will get back to posting on this blog ASAP; don't stop coming back.

~ Psyched

Anonymous said...

LOTS of obstacles???

halfshared said...

Hi can you email me..dont know when you will read my comment on my site so figured I'd drop a note here..my email address is laf2erinfinatyahoodotcom
I couldn't find your email address anywhere on your site. I might not answer right away as I am going away for a few days and don't know what my internet access will be like.
Thanks

Rach said...

Hi, I just came across oyur blog and am fastcinated by your experiences with Ben. waiting for your next post nad hoping for a good ending

Anonymous said...

can you send me an email when u post again? worth2million@yahoo.com

psyched said...

Hi all you bloggers out there who are following my blog,

Once again, my sincere apologies for not keeping you up to date. I promise I'll get back to the regular posting soon. I am just currently out of town dealing with some pressing issues.

Please keep checking, it won't be long now..

Thanks again for reading!

~ Psyched

halfshared said...

How are you doing?? I think about you a lot...hope things are improving. Take care

psyched said...

Thanks, Halfshared. I am finally getting back to my posts so please all come back and read! :)

Thanks all for your extended patience!

~ Psyched (to be back posting!) ;)